Attention all car owners! Did you know that carbon buildup in your engine can cause serious damage to your vehicle? Over time, carbon can accumulate on engine components and create blockages, leading to reduced performance and even engine failure. To avoid this nuisance, please don't forget to keep your engine as clean as possible.
Carbon buildup occurs when unburned fuel, oil, and other contaminants collect on the engine's internal components, such as valves, pistons, and spark plugs. The carbon buildup can create blockages that impede airflow and cause engine components to work harder than necessary, reducing fuel efficiency and overall power. If left untreated, carbon buildup can cause major damage to your engine, and no one wants to be dealt with costly repairs.
A professional engine cleaning service can remove carbon buildup and help restore your engine's performance. A typical engine cleaning service may include a combination of the following:
- Fuel system cleaning (injectors, tank, and more)
- Intake valve cleaning
- Piston cleaning
- Spark plug cleaning or replacement
How often you need to have your engine cleaned depends on several factors, including your driving habits, vehicle make/model, and the manufacturer's recommendations. In general, it's a good idea to have your engine cleaned every 30,000 miles or so or whenever you notice reduced performance.
In addition to regular engine cleanings, there are other steps you can take to prevent carbon buildup, such as:
- Using high-quality fuel: High-quality fuel can help keep your engine clean by reducing the amount of contaminants that accumulate on engine components.
- Changing your oil regularly: Regular oil changes can help prevent carbon buildup by removing contaminants from the engine.
- Driving your car regularly: Letting your car sit for extended periods can lead to carbon buildup, as well as other issues.
If you suspect your engine is suffering from carbon buildup, don't hesitate to stop by Richman Automotive & Towing for a cleaning service soon!